NIMS NURSING COLLEGE and NIMS SCHOOL OF NURSING were established in 2004 with Basic B.Sc. Nursing and General Nursing & Midwifery programmes with the recognition from Rajasthan Nursing Council & Indian Nursing Council. After smooth long journey another milestone was added in the form of Post Basic B.Sc. nursing and M.Sc. nursing in the year 2009.
Nims Nursing college is the constituent body of Nims University. The Examinations for General Nursing and Midwifery are being conducted by Rajasthan Nursing Council. Nims nursing college and School of Nursing maintain the standards to provide quality nursing education. It’s our great pleasure to promulgate that so far five batches of Basic B.Sc. Nursing, General Nursing & Midwifery and one batch of M.Sc. Nursing & Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing passed out. The main aim of this institution is to inculcate the highest professional skills and to prepare students to work at the national and international level.
On completion of the course the students will be able to –
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrates understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively within individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical / community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
Major academic and scientific activities of the college include
- Implementing teaching plan in perfect manner.
- Periodic evaluation.
- Additional individual attention to the weak students.
- Conducting extra curricular activities including fresher’s day, various days’ celebration, sports week, quiz, lamp lighting ceremony, nurses day and others.
- Various educational visits.
- Conducting various community health education related programmes.
- Conducting several seminars, workshops, panel discussion on health related topics.