Nims University in association with Microsoft, India organized a Faculty Development Program named “SAKSHAM
” on 30th
October 2017,at Nims University Digital Library in Medical college premises. Saksham is a Microsoft initiative to give impetus to the National Mission onEducation through ICT (NMEICT) of MHRD with the common objective of building connectivity and knowledge network among and within institutions of higher learning in the country.
The objectives and learning outcomes of programe were:
- Educators get full awareness of MS programs for educators
- Educators learn how to make best use of O365 for academic collaboration
- Educators learn how to work with add-ons and necessary 21st century tools in education
- Educators understand how to Teach with Technology
On the first day Mr. Kishore Garg, the resource person from Microsoft began the programe by stating the importance of skill development and changing trends in higher education, the role of cloud computing and advanced software solutions provided by Microsoft in the field of education which opens a plethora of opportunities offered by Microsoft in online learning and certification programs to faculty members.
Following were the topics covered with hands-on experience:
- Introduction to Microsoft operating system (O.S), Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 with emphasis on Microsoft 365 and cloud platform provided by
- Creating faculty profile with https://education.microsoft.com/ for all participants.
- Cloud computing Microsoft offerings.
- Introduction to web-based
- Introduction to Azure, a cloud-based Operating system.
- Advanced technical documentation with MS-Word, Protection, sharing, and cloud-based use in Microsoft 365. Shortcutsintegrated into MS word.
- Plagiarism check with copyleaksintegrated into MS-word online version.
- Introduction to Skype business version integrated with MS 365, for online or virtual classes and sharing of documents.
- Certification course for Microsoft Office 365.
- Introduction to Yammer, for connecting with people across your organization to make better decisions, faster.
- Introduction to Office Mix for video, audio and screen recordings in powerpoint
- Interactive content sharing and working simultaneously by using sharing applications integrated with Microsoft Excel.
The day continued with following learning and hands-on exercises:
- Introduction to Sway online presentation and sharing platform.
- Hands on: Extensive learning on data tools in Microsoft Excel, data validation, consolidating option, data validation and goal seek.
- Hands-on: Use of formulas and shortcuts in MS Excel for calculating Total, percentage, Ranks and grading.
- One Note online sharing option.
- Excel Survey to take polls and conduct online surveys.
- Introduction to Microsoft innovations platform.
Mr Atanu Sur, Programe Manager(SAKSHAM),Microsoft Corporation India Ltd. addressed the audience with scope, objectives, and future of Saksham, Microsoft initiative.He congratulated all faculty members for active participation and was overwhelmed with the response from all participants.
The program ended with vote of thanks and memento to the resource person and certificates to all participating faculty members.