The Nims University is established under The Nims University Rajasthan, Jaipur Act, 2008 enacted by the Government of Rajasthan.
In order to bridge the gaps between academia and industry, an innovative experiment in the form of National Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 2004 by The Indian Medical Trust, Jaipur, Rajasthan under the dynamic leadership and chairmanship of Professor (Dr.) Balvir S. Tomar, World renowned Pediatric Gastroenterologist, visionary and creative entrepreneur. Consistent efforts of the Chairman-cum-Chancellor blended with self-less support of the Managing Director, Professor (Dr.) Shobha Tomar, the Leading Lady of Rajasthan, the NIMS transformed into a pioneering university in 2008 genuinely bagging laurels in the field of Medical Sciences and Technology, Advanced Engineering, Management and Human Sciences.
Due to the exemplary efforts in the field of teaching and research, the Nims University was recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under 2(f). Due recognitions have been conferred upon the Nims University by statutory regulating bodies including the MCI, DCI, INC, PCI, AICTE, DEC, BCI, and the COA.
Find Us in the Web portals
- UGC @ http://www.ugc.ac.in/privateuniversitylist.aspx?id=29&Unitype=3
- DCI @ http://www.dciindia.org/notification_page/pdf_files/NIMS%20Dental%20College,%20BDS,%20Jaipur.pdf
- AICTE @ http://www.aicte-india.org/downloads/statisticsuniversities/privateuniversities.htm
- MCI @ http://www.mciindia.org/InformationDesk/CollegesCoursesSearch.aspx
- MCI @ http://www.mciindia.org/fdp/Participant_PSMCKaramsad.pdf
- PCI @ http://www.pci.nic.in/collegescourses/approveddegreeinstitutionsus12-8.aspx
- COA @ http://www.coa.gov.in/STATUS.pdf
- DEC @ http://www.dec.ac.in/Institutions.doc
The quality assurance mechanisms in the Nims University are at the parlance of international standards. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization.
Social Outreach Programmes
“Reaching out to the unreached” is the philosophy with which the university has brought significant transitions in the health and lives of mass in rural and urban areas in Rajasthan. The university has drawn a roadmap towards absolute inclusion of socially excluded individuals by providing adequate support in terms of health, education and employment in a phased manner. By now, the social outreach programmes (SOP) has reached all corners of the state of Rajasthan benefitting thousands of needy patients covering all villages in Rajasthan.
- Equal participation of regular and distance learners and gross enrolment is 30000+
- 300+ Academic programmes
- Smart classrooms with facilities for interactive pedagogy
- Huge Campus carpeted with well maintained lush green gardens
- Well secured residential facilities
- Round the clock library and health care support
- Teacher and Students Ratio 1:20
- In-campus Wifi