School of Textile & Fashion Design
Fashion Design is an excellent opportunity to take up a creative career in clothing with great textile & fasion designpotential of employment opportunities in the rapidly expanding designer label, luxury brands, apparel retail brands and ready-to-wear fashion industry. In the current competitive environment, a fashion designer needs to be equipped with knowledge, skills and professional attitude to give shape to his or her creative ideas through technical interpretation.
The students will exhibit competency in design and development of fashion collections of women’s wear and men’s wear in the areas of clothing. Their ability would extend from concept development (inspiration to 3D realization), integrating market, consumer, and technical requirements, trends and influence application and production feasibility. The students would be able to communicate their design digitally and with hand skills. They would demonstrate design expertise along with contextual business and commercial understanding.
Most importantly, the programme will hone creativity, initiative, innovation and judgment along with intellectual acumen to formulate, develop and communicate conceptual arguments rooted in a holistic perspective of the business context
Nims Institute of fashion technology provides students with a thorough understanding in design development skills, fashion presentation, market knowledge and trend forecasting. Students will be introduced to various historic fashion and art movements as exemplars and how these influence contemporary fashion. They will learn commercial viability along with creative fashion and design solutions. Each level progression encourages the students in problem solving, self critiquing and aesthetic management.
Department of Fashion Design
The programme will provide a learning pathway in distinct levels of subject complexity and differentiated areas of specialization to learn in-depth-
- Women’s wear
- Men’s wear
- Sports Wear / Kid’s Wear
- Occasional Indian Wear / Evening Wear
Department of Textile Design
The Textile Design programme offers an exciting range of learning opportunities spanning across textile design and promotion, focusing on all four core specialist techniques of knits, weaves, prints and surface ornamentation. The future prospects of the Textile industry are not just restricted to apparel but are opening into new avenues in home furnishings, technical textiles and accessories.
The School has following teaching & research facilities:
- Audio Visual Room
- Sewing Lab
- Pattern Making Lab
- Design Studio
- Paper presented and publish entitle “Consumer Behavior towards Branded and Non-Branded Garments-A study of Female consumers of Jaipur”at HSB 5th Annual National Conference on 7-8th Feb, 2013. Organized by HARYANA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Hisar , publish in bookResearcher Business and Management Academic and professional perspective ISBN No. 978-93-81505-54-0
- Published research paper entitled –“IMPACT OF SUB CULTURAL IN FASHION (A STUDY OF JAIPUR REGION) ” of peer reviewed international journal, listed &indexed in international issn directory ,Paris ISSN no-2250-1991, and vol:2/issuse:1and impact factor:0.3208 January 2013
- Paper accepted and presented on “CHILD LABOUR- NEED OF VOILENCE IN HUMAN HEARTS” in “international conference on “NON-VIOLENT PROTEST MOVEMENT: FORMS, TECHNIQUES AND RELEVANCE” Held on JANUARY 7TH TO 9TH 2013, jointly organized by JAIPUR PEACE FOUNDATION & S.S. JAIN SUBODH P.G. COLLEGE
- Presented paper on “IMPORTANCE OF FASHION TOURISM” at national conferenceon “TOURISM AND CULTURAL HERITAGE OF RAJASTHAN: ISSUSES AND CHALLENGES” organized by center for tourism and heritage research, faculty of commerce, dayanad college, Ajmer (sponsored by university grant commission) on 8th to 9th December, 2012.