Nims College of Physiotherapy
Physical therapy (or physiotherapy), often abbreviated PT, is a health care profession primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention carried out by Physical Therapists or Physiotherapists and Physical Therapist Assistants or Physical Rehabilitation Therapists.
Physical therapy involves the interaction between physical therapist, patients/clients, other health care professionals, families, care givers, and communities in a process where movement potential is assessed and diagnosed and goals are agreed upon. Physical therapy is performed by a physiotherapist.
Department of Physiotherapy
Nims college of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy has one of the most advanced and updated department of Physiotherapy which aims to deliver high quality rehabilitative care to the patients via a team of highly qualified physiotherapists.
Department of Occupational Therapy
As Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Professionals are in higher demand than ever before, helping population live full and healthy lives, and aims to help those with injuries, recover their range of motion or those with physical disabilities. Occupational therapy program in Nims College of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy prepare students for careers as assistants in the field of Rehabilitation, providing the theory and hands-on lab training necessary for a successful career.
Nims College of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy is attached to NIMS Medical College Hospital an 900 bedded multi disciplinary Super-specialty Tertiary Level Hospital with well equipped and highly specialized Departments, Round the Clock Emergency, fully fledged ICU’S, modern OT Complexes. Place where students are given hands on clinical trainings along with theoretical training.
- Fully Updated Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Department
- Internationally Qualified Staff Members
- Latest Electrical Modalities such as SWD,MWD, IFT, TENS, US, Muscle Stimulator, CPM, PWB,ICT & LCT, LASER Therapy, IRR and UVR
- Latest exercise therapy tools and latest advance therapeutic programmes and techniques
- Library with latest books & journals
- Hostel & Transport Facility
- Playgrounds for sports activities
- Professional Skills Enhancement Programs
- Students Health Care Immunization Programs
- Audio-Video Aids
- Campus Placements
- Exercise Therapy Lab.
- Electro Therapy Lab.
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Pediatric & Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
PROJECTS &RESEARCH PROGRAMMES
Nims College of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy provides opportunities for students to do research in various fields with the support of highly experienced staffs and guides. Students also get opportunities to get their research published in various National and International Journals. Students also avail the opportunity to access many online Journals. Students who pursue their Bachelor’s & Masters Degree have to write Thesis as a part of their examinations. Both departments offer PhD programmes and also conduct research programmes in various specializations.
Thesis Topics submitted at Masters Level are:-
- A comparative study on Effectiveness of standing and supine hamstring stretching (MPT Ortho.)
- A comparative study on The Effectiveness of Interferential Therapy (IFT) with Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) in the treatment of Prolepse Intervertibral Disc with Radiculopathy (MPT Neuro.)
- Effectiveness of Dual Task Activity in Improving Gait Parameter of Chronic Stroke Patients (MPT Neuro.)
- A comparative study of Effectiveness of Traction with Exercise Therapy and Manual Therapy For LBP-Low Back Pain ( MPT Sports)
- To compare the Immediate Effect of Deep Breathing Exercise and Incentive Spirometry on Arterial Blod Gas Analysis after Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery (MPT Cardiopulmonary)
- Group Verses Individual Physiotherapy Sessions For Female Urinary Stress Incontinence—A Randomized Controlled Trail (MPT Obs. & Gynae.)
- Cognitive Development With Sensory Integration Techniques in Mentally Handicapped Children (MOT Mental Health)
- Comparing Batrac and CIMT in Terms of Motor Outcome in Chronic Stroke (MOT- Hand Therapy)