Profile of the library
The NIMS central library was established in the year 2008, it is housed in a 2500 sq. m., University maintains well stocked separate libraries for each of its colleges and faculties. These libraries have approximately 62166 books on varied subjects and have subscription to print version of 288 national and international journals besides access to a host of e-journals. Fully automated and all the in-house operations performed by the library management software in all the associated libraries which will improve the users’ services. The University has subscribed the Clinical Key, DELNET, EBSCOhost and maupatra data base providing access to full text research articles and sector specific reports in different disciplines.
- To acquire, organize and update the library collection to support teaching-learning process.
- To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum.
- To work with faculty in integrating information skills, knowledge of information sources, and the use of technology in accessing information needed to strengthen their instruction, research and extension.
- To provide research assistance for effective use of learning resources/services.
- To provide the most user-friendly environment for teaching, learning and research so that the University Library becomes the centre-piece of scholarly activities in the University system.
- The library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty.
- The library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge.
Library serves as a resource centre and aims to develop a comprehensive collection of books and journals useful for students as well as for faculty members of the University and provides an efficient dissemination of information.
Library is automated using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS)
- Athenaeum Light V5, KOHA
- Nature of automation (Fully)
- Version- V5
- OPAC (open Public Access Catalogue)
- Year of Automation-2008 to till date
NIMS LIBRARY SYSTEM
Working hours of library
- 08:00 am to 11:00 pm (Mon – Sat)
- 10:00 am to 04:00 pm (Sunday)
Library Advisory committee
||Prof. Sunil Sharma
||Pro Vice- Chancallor
||Dr. Sandeep Tripathi
||Dr. Prem Singh
||Principal Medical college
||Principal Dental college
||Principal Pharmacy college
||Principal Nursing college
||Principal Engg. college
||Principal Architecture college
|| Architecture College
Total Library Collection
|Back Volumes of Journals
ICT Based Services
- Fully Automated Library operations
- Web OPAC
- Barcode based Circulation System
- 24×7 Campus wide accessibility of online resources
- Wi-Fi Facility
- CCTV security System
- Digital Repository
- OPAC (Online Public access Catalogue)
- Current Awareness Services
- Circulation Services
- Reprographic Services
- Newspaper clipping Services
- Assistance in location/searching of documents
- References Services
- Bibliographic Services
- Inter Library Loan (ILL)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- Information Display
- Research Assistance
|Library Management Software
|No. of Computers
|Server PC with LAN connectivity
|Wi-Fi & LAN connectivity provided
LINKS FOR OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
LINKS FOR OPEN ACCESS e-books
||No. Of e-books
||Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technical Books including lecture notes and tutorials of reputed academic institutions.
||Science & Technology, Education, Business and Social Sciences etc. This link also provides access to the Ready Reference Sources such as Dictionary, Encyclopedias, Almanacs, Directories etc.
||20,000 e-books on various subjects
||Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedias, Almanacs, Directories, Atlases, Quizzes, Features etc.
||Literature Books authored by famous author.
Strengths of the library
- Library is established with in the Department/Faculty/College premises, which help it to function without any hindrance.
- The Library is automatic, therefore it is fulfilling the demands of present era.
- There is open access system in the library.
- There is rich collection of e-resources.